On May 3rd, NextDayBetter is kicking off their global speaker series for 2014 in New York City. The series is themed “Defining Breakthroughs: Unlocking Human and Community Potential” and will feature inspiring speakers who will share how to make real, visible change for communities in the Philippines and beyond.
“The global Filipino Diaspora is a hub and inspiration for world-changing ideas that pushes humanity forward,” says CEO and Co-Founder Ryan Letada.
“This global speaker and action series is designed to celebrate and amplify the impact of these ideas."
Featured change makers include:
- Geena Rocero- Transgender Model, Advocate, and Founder of Gender Proud
- Nicole Ponseca- Founder of Maharlika + Jeepney NYC
- Rob Baker- White House Presidential Innovation Fellow and Ushahidi
- Matt Grasser- CEO of LDLN
- Maria Ressa- Founder of Rappler
- Leah Villanueva- Teach for the Philippines Fellow
- Lourdes Tiago- Airforce Veteran and Team Rubicon
This event is not only going to satiate your hunger for change, but will feature great food and drinks as well. Living up to its claim for creative innovation, NextDayBetter will even showcase a Tech Demo in which hackers will present smart technologies focused on disaster response and resiliency rebuilding.
Seats are limited so register now here.
If you can’t make it to NYC and/or are thirsting for more inspiration, don’t you fret because NextDayBetter will also be hitting up Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco, and London during the upcoming months. To learn more about NextDayBetter and the speaker series, you can visit their website.
Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/nextdaybetter