UniPro's Statement of Principles
Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro) is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that envisions a unified and engaged Pilipino America. Founded in 2009, UniPro’s mission is to engage Pilipino Americans through collaboration, advocacy and education. It seeks to transform Pilipino students & young professionals into community leaders through its various programs, which incorporate professional development, history, and policy through the lens of the Pilipino experience. The organization allows Pilipino Americans the opportunity to explore their place in the community in the hope of owning their niche.
UniPro advances the following principles:
- Collaboration: Bridging gaps and connecting Pilipino Americans harnesses the community’s shared energy and resources to create substantive change and positive impact our society.
- Advocacy: Advocating for our rights and policies that benefit our community empowers a united Pilipino America to push for progress.
- Education: By giving members of our community the tools and resources necessary to succeed, we can continue to secure a better future with influential changemakers.
- Engagement: We should work together to engage Pilipino Americans not only as a collective community, but as members of society, professionals, and leaders.
- Dialogue: Providing a platform of creative expression and knowledge sharing allows our community
the opportunity to shape our individual and communal experiences.
Endorse UniPro's Statement of Principles to reaffirm the belief in investing in our community to achieve progress. By signing on, your organization supports our work to unify Pilipino America with a platform of collaboration, engage our community through education and conversation, and support the building of community leaders.